Airedale Rescue Training (ART)
The ATCA Rescue & Adoption Committee is happy to offer an optional training program for apprentice rescue volunteers who are unable, or for some reason choose not, to obtain training through an active Airedale Rescue Regional Group operating in their area of residence. This program is not intended to replace the regular method of becoming an Airedale Rescue volunteer by joining an Airedale Rescue Regional Group. To find a group in your area, visit our list of regional rescue contacts.
If you are ready to train, and want to use the ART program, let us know.
- Help independent rescue volunteers become established in their area(s)
- Save more Airedales that need our help, by encouraging new volunteers to participate in Airedale Rescue.
- Develop coverage in areas that could use additional volunteers.
- Provide support to those apprentice volunteers who reside in areas that do not have an active rescue group, or prefer to work as an independent volunteer.
- The recruit contacts the Training Program Manager to sign up for this program, giving her/his name, address and any previous experience.
- We will discuss the program with the recruit and answer any questions.
- A mentor will be assigned to work with each new recruit.
- Mentor will provide rescue forms in a beginner's packet.
- Mentor will educate new recruit how to use the website to find answers to questions and review procedures.
- Mentor will provide ongoing support throughout the training process.
Included here are tips and tricks for the Airedale rescue volunteer. Click on any link for more information about that topic. These are written by our seasoned rescue volunteer, Sally Schnellmann.
- Are you interested?
- The newsletter
- A new rescue is coming in...
- Part-Time-Buddy club
- Introducing the foster dog...
- Who's in charge?
- Doing the home visit
- Your first transport?
- Fostering and temperament testing
- Volunteer Affiliate form
- Your puppy is limping...
- Working with animal shelters
- Developing knowledge of your area...
- Is an Airedale the right match...
- Find the answers to your rescue questions...
- Checking the fence...
ART Newsletter Copyright 2009 by Sally Schnellmann and ATCA Rescue & Adoption Committee. Reproduction in whole or in part is forbidden without the publisher's written permission.